In this episode, Tee Ganbold sits down with Jerome Dubois is Co-CEO at 6 River Systems, owned by Shopify, a leading global commerce company. Jerome shares his experience working with Kiva Systems, now Amazon Robotics, and describes his journey and vision for building 6 River Systems.
- How the team designed a robotic called “Chuck” to act a drop-in solution for fulfillment (2:01)
- Why Shopify acquired 6 River & the universal problem they’re solving together (6:14)
- The specifications and features that make “Chuck” unique (8:00)
- How 6 River Systems makes integration with host systems a priority (11:20)
- Relieving the unforeseen spike in commerce volume as a result of COVID (14:26)
Jerome and his team are creating truly innovative systems that are changing the ways companies consider infrastructure needs and approach fulfillment in an ever-changing economy. Huge thanks to Jerome for taking the time to join the show!
Automating The Chain bridges the learning gap between business executives and their technical counterparts. Each episode we learn from CTOs and experts in industrial automation as they explain their technology in an accessible way. For more information, or to subscribe, please visit https://www.automatingthechain.com/.