In this episode, Tee Ganbold sits down with Mike Futch, President of Tompkins Robotics to talk about his vast experience in the world of industrial robotics and discuss the Tompkins’ t-Sort Robot. We also talk about micro-fulfillment, how robotics affects the labor force in different markets, and what’s next for the industry.
This wide-ranging conversation includes topics such as:
- The start of Tompkins Robotics (3:19)
- Discussion about the t-Sort Robot Series and how it can be implemented (5:58)
- Focusing on micro-fulfillment in robotics (14:15)
- Dispelling the myths of robotics taking away jobs (16:45)
- What’s next for robotics? (21:02)
Mike and his team at Tompkins Robotics are doing great things and offer unique and effective t-Sort solutions for micro-fulfillment that is quickly deployed and greatly lowers labor costs while increasing the speed and accuracy of an assortment of tasks.
Automating The Chain bridges the learning gap between business executives and their technical counterparts. Each episode we learn from CTOs and experts in industrial automation as they explain their technology in an accessible way. For more information, or to subscribe, please visit https://www.automatingthechain.com/.